CAREER OPPORTUNITY – EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
FC Faly (FCF) is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Executive Director. The club is based in North Vancouver, BC. FCF currently has a staff of 10 coaches and approximately 25 parent volunteers. FCF is a proud member of the North Shore Youth Soccer Association, the Fraser Valley Soccer League (Men’s), BC Soccer Association and Canada Soccer. At FCF, we always strive to help each player set realistic goals and provide a progressive learning environment to help them reach their full potential as an individual player.
The position of Executive Director at FC Faly provides day-to-day leadership toward the achievement of the organization’s mission and strategic plan. The position of Executive Director is a Full-Time paid position reporting directly to the Club owners, and the Club’s Advisory Board. The Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Club and its Administrative office.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The demonstrated experience and ability to manage staff and coordinate projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including public speaking and comfort speaking to players, parents and the community.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise a considerable degree of judgment and independence.
- Negotiation skills, including the ability to gain cooperation and support from various parties with divergent expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and monitor major projects such as applications to soccer associations/licensing-bodies.
- Familiarity with the structure and culture or organized soccer in Canada.
- Familiarity with the principles and structure or sports leagues within geographical boundaries.
- Assures that the Laws of the Game are applied on the field, and that officials, club and players off the pitch as well as on it observe the rules and regulations concerned with running soccer in British Columbia.
- Serves as the key spokesperson and advocate for FCF, putting forth a professional, caring and quality image of the Club.
- Assures that all FCF programs and events are of the highest caliber and are made available to the entire membership as required.
- Assures the highest level of member service satisfaction.
- Passes a Criminal Record Check as required by the BCSA.
- Possesses and maintains a valid British Columbia Drivers License.
- Adhere to the ethical standards FCF expects of its Advisory Board and staff.
- Adhere to the FCF policies pertaining to respect in sport and harassment.
- Has completed or is willing to complete the ‘Respect In Sport Activity Leader’ and the ‘Respect In The Workplace’ programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONIBILITIES
- Supervises a staff that includes a Technical Director, Admin Lead, Coaches, and various Volunteer groups (Team Managers, etc.).
- Determines staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery.
- Develops and administers Employee/Coach contracts.
- Drives the growth of the organization to attract and retain players
- Fosters effective teamwork between the Board, Club owners, technical and administrative staff.
- Along with support from the Club Owners and the Advisory Board, prepares annual goals for the Club.
- Oversees the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization’s programs and services on an ongoing basis.
- Seeks out and pursues sponsorship opportunities that may provide financial or in-kind support of all collective FCF programs.
- Communicates on a regular basis with the Club owners, Chair of Advisory Board and other appropriate members of the Club that comprise the leadership of the Club.
- Maintains a positive relationship with the British Columbia Soccer Association (BCSA).
- Attends the BCSA’S Annual General Meeting and other meetings or informal gatherings of partner agencies that are beneficial to FCF.
- Attend the NSYSA, BCCSL, FVSL and any other youth/adult league meetings to ensure compliance to programing standards.
- Attends all scheduled Board of Directors meetings and reports on the operation of the club with written summary report circulated in advance.
- Advises the Chair of Advisory Board on issues as they arise.
- Prepares and delivers a report at the quarterly Advisory Board Meetings.
- Performs additional duties and assumes additional responsibilities as may be required from time to time.
- Ensures that the club is in compliance with the BC Soccer Club Charter, the Canada Soccer Quality Assurance Program and the Canada Soccer National Club Youth License.
- Assess current SOP’s (standard operating procedures) and refine, implement and review execution accordingly.
- Assist with keeping up-to-date the Club’s media asset pool.
- Develop organizational landscape to consolidate operations foot print.
- Work with website/ social media volunteer on appropriate administration and direction.
- Ensure FCF is compliant with BC Soccer/CSA rules and regulations.
This is a full-time permanent position with an annual salary and a bonus, total compensation subject to the candidate’s relevant experience. Working hours may vary depending on the time of year. Regular hours include Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm however, the majority of the club’s day-to-day activity is in the evenings and on weekends and it is contemplated by both parties that the role/hours will adjust to match and fulfil the needs of the club. As such, this role does entail some flexibility to operate in evenings and on weekends rather than traditional working hours. The candidate is expected to spend the majority of time at the Club’s head office, but some flexibility in work location during each week is reasonably assumed. Vacation is twenty-five (25) days and consists of the two-week period around Christmas/ New Year’s as the well as the last week of July and the first week of August when the Club annually shuts down for business. Five days may be used throughout the year at the candidate’s discretion. The position will be eligible for an annual bonus with the benchmarks and final amount determined in an annual review led by the Advisory Board member and the Club Owners.
If you are a qualified candidate and are interested in applying for the position of Executive Director, please forward a letter of introduction along with your resume to email@example.com.