PRE-ELITE TEAMS (U9-U13)
Our Elite and Pre-Elite player programs offer the next level of training for any player wanting to be a “soccer first” athlete. We believe the learning process begins with our players being fully motivated and determined to learn and progress. These qualities eventually will lead to attaining new improved specific skills. The ultimate benefit then, is that the player will not only attain greater individual confidence with their game play but most importantly, improved self-esteem.
A Pre-Elite player is a committed and focused athlete.
Any player can request a tryout for this program and these evaluation sessions occur during team practices throughout the entire season. Parents and players must understand that decisions can take time and that the selection process is very fluid as academy coaches are constantly evaluating all academy players. In other words, no matter what development level a player may be, the coaches are always watching to see if a player is ready to move to the Pre-Elite Program.
The academy also realizes that at this age, players may chose to continue playing other sports and the academy supports the multi-sport discipline approach.
The final selection to become part of this program is by invitation only.
What are the qualities of a Pre-Elite Player?
- Motivated and determined
- Committed team member
- Potential high skill level
What does a Pre-Elite Player receive?
- High level indoor and outdoor training 2-3 times a week
- Access to special local training camps
- Injury tracking with Cypress Health and Physiotherapy
- Annual Player Development Plan, which includes an annual goal setting meeting emphasizing “strength–based development” focusing on five components of player progress:
- Individual Character
- Mid season review of Player Development Plan
- Ongoing verbal feedback throughout the season